Job Vacancy - Accounts Clerk
To apply please click here
32 Hours per week, Monday to Thursday. 8.30am to 5pm (half an hour unpaid lunch break)
· Assist in ensuring compliance with statutory and other requirements
· Assist in the preparation of year end final accounts ready for Accountants.
· Input financial information on Sage Line 50 software) and produce monthly sales statements.
· Journal entries.
· Other appropriate sage reports, maintain file copies of journal input documents.
· Credit control and supplier payments.
· Undertake banking procedures including posting payments to customer accounts reconciliation, and petty cash;
· Undertake payroll procedures (IRIS PAYROLL) (including payments to sub-contractors) meeting pre-determined deadlines,
· Weekly pensions uplifted to pension file.
· Sub -Contractors monthly certificates and submit payments on HMRC portal
· Monthly payments for Tax /Ni
· Payment of vat to HMRC
· Submit monthly/weekly applications for payment to customers
· Check and verify invoice codes
· Creating invoices, credit notes, and general correspondence
· Filing of own generated work
· Maintain sickness and leave records;
· Maintain holiday chart.
· Maintain other records and data required by accounts.
· Receive and transmit information including photocopying and faxing, ensuring swift distribution to receiving personnel;
· Manage telephone calls and handle all varieties of queries in an efficient and professional manner
· Attend to customers visiting the showroom
· Contribute to the effectiveness of the organisation by developing and maintaining a good working relationship with internal colleagues and external contacts
· Maintain a safe and healthy environment by following H&S guidelines as laid down by relevant legislation and company policy
· Effectively follow all company procedures ensuring all correct documentation is used and completed as required in order to comply with the company’s Quality Management System ISO 9001/2015
· Be willing to undergo training as deemed necessary by line management and carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required by the company.
Expected start date: 12/04/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- No weekends
Face masks worn in all communal areas such as the main office and the kitchen to be restricted to 1 person at any one time. Frequently used areas to be cleaned twice daily as per the agreed rota, with a deep clean weekly and screens between stations
- bookkeeping: 2 years (required)
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place